Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Exactly How Good is God?

This week has been a struggle for me mentally and emotionally. This past Sunday I stood in front of the congregation of Smith Street Baptist Church and asked my girlfriend to become my wife, and she actually said yes! Now, this struggle is in no way related to me popping the question so let me make that clear ( before I get in trouble). But life tends to get you down and out sometimes and you start to think yourself into a depression of sorts. This is happens to a lot of us I would say, and it's definitely no fun. But I was reminded this week exactly how good God is in a number of ways.

God has given me a beautiful fiancé. This woman is so kindhearted and selfless, always putting others before herself, sometimes even to a fault. She holds me accountable to the work I'm doing for the Lord, which I truly appreciate. She always respects my decisions and is a true biblical helpmate. But above all, she loves the Lord, more than she loves me. All these things that God has provided for me through my future wife are so abundantly good, that I should never complain about the trivial things that I go through.

I was also reminded of God's goodness through a student of mine in the 4Twelve Student ministry. This week this student sent me a text with a picture on it. The picture was of a paper for school that she had to read. The title of the paper was "Why God does not Exist". This student was a little upset, feeling that her teacher was unfairly teaching the students there that there is no God. Her assignment was to write a response to this paper. We both later found out that the teacher is a firm believer in Christ, and was trying to get the students to tap into their passionate side of writing, and it worked! I was given the opportunity to read my student's response to that paper, and it is simply amazing. In the paper, she explains exactly how good God has been to her, how no one can ever take that away, and how her faith will never be shaken because God is her rock and salvation. Reading the paper brought tears to my eyes because it reminded me how blessed I really am to have students like this in my ministry.

This week's post isn't 5 steps to accomplish this, or the top three ways of doing that. But, it's a post that I want to remind you of exactly how blessed we are, regardless of our situation. Because no matter the circumstance, we have a God that loves us and sent his son to die for our sins, the things WE have done, Even if I wasn't blessed with a great job, or an amazing fiancé, or great students, I still have reason to celebrate because of what Jesus did for me and for you. So when life gets you down this week, keep in mind just how blessed we really are! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment